Careers – RN Life Care Manager (Part-Time)
Interested in a Career with us as a RN Life Care Manager?
Join our team as a Part-Time RN Life Care Manager:
Rewarding, well paid opportunity. Work with older adults and their families to make a difference!
Our small team of RN Life Care Manager professionals, includes primarily Registered Nurses who are problem solvers, advocates, case managers, service coordinators, and counselors. Holistic Aging holds a 18 year reputation for providing compassionate, superior patient advocacy service to aging client’s in and around the Pittsburgh area, and dedicated itself to creating solutions that promote quality of care and life for older adults. With an established professional network, we have an intimate knowledge of resources and facilities in the community. Our understanding of aging related issues enables our team members to best serve the interest needs of our clients and family members.
As a Life Care Manager on the Holistic Aging team, your responsibilities will include:
- Serve clients in a 60 mile radius of zip code 15101 – majority within 10 miles (paid for travel time + mileage)
- Conduct comprehensive in-home assessments and written reports of findings to provide to clients and/or families
- Develop goal oriented written care plans to maintain the wellness of clients for life.
- Implement various components of the care plan and update care plan on a regular basis, as appropriate
- Negotiate family dynamics to implement care plan
- Communicate regularly with family members and appropriate professionals
- Cultivate and maintain extensive knowledge of community resources available to older adults
- Collaborate with professionals and advocate for clients’ needs
- Manage the medical needs of the client
- Be the primary coordinator of care services for your client
- PA Licensed Bachelor Degree Registered Nurse
- Experience in care or case management
- Availability 3-4 weekdays 9 am – 5 pm with flexible schedule and rare evening/weekend
- Knowledge of local eldercare resources
- Geriatric Experience
- Ability to manipulate and coordinate many issues concurrently.
- Experience working with cognitively impaired individuals and coordinating services for clients
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Proficiency in the I-Pad, I-Pad applications, I-Phone and software for documentation.
- Valid PA driver’s license, car insurance, car capable of transporting an older adult
$35 – $37 per hour depending on Education and Experience . There are no healthcare benefits associated with this position. Additional benefits after one year of service.
Part-time hours ranging from 20 hrs – 25 hours a week depending on caseload. You will start out slow and increase your hours over a 6 month period. Clients assigned to you are your responsibility to manage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Geriatrics: 1 year
- Case or Care Management: 2 years (Certification preferred)
- Home Care: 1 year
- I-Pad and I-Phone usage: 2 years
Required license or certification:
- PA Registered Nurse (RN)
- PA Drivers License with reliable vehicle