Reflexology – A Step in the Right Direction
You may be new to learning about reflexology, but it’s been around for centuries. Reflexology is thought to have been developed by Ancient Egyptians, then it trekked its way to China via the Roman Empire.
Hieroglyphics found in the Saqqara Egyptian tomb of a physician translate as: “Don’t hurt me.” The physicians reply: “I shall act so you praise me.” (I just love that!)
So, what exactly IS Reflexology you ask?
Reflexology is the act of strategically applying pressure to areas of the feet, hands, and ears to stimulate blood flow and to eliminate toxic build up from corresponding organs of the body. There are more than 7000 nerve endings in each foot. By applying pressure we are able to treat pain or issues found elsewhere in the body, providing an anesthetic type of effect for pain relief, reducing stress, and thereby allowing the body to ‘heel’on its own.
It is believed that Reflexology works on the body’s energy field or Qi, and when you stimulate that life force in the appropriate way it opens and increases the flow of energy.
What conditions can be treated with Reflexology?
- Stress & Anxiety
- Swollen Ankles
- Digestive Issues
- Urinary Issues
- Lack of concentration/Cognitive Issues
- Skin Conditions
- Lung & Sinus Congestion
- Fight off colds and bacterial infection
- Changes hormonal imbalances/Infertility
- Arthritis pain and discomfort
- Peripheral neuropathy (nerve tingling & numbness)
- Chemo tolerance
Did You Know?
- Insomnia affects 1 in 10 people and 30% of healthy seniors? By putting the body in a state of well-being we reduce body tension which brings on a deep sense of relaxation. Participants feel a higher level of energy during wakeful hours with boosted immune function, and have healthier circadian rhythms.
- By reducing stress and inducing relaxation the immune system is able to restore more quickly.
- Reflexology is the most popular form of palliative care for people with cancer in the UK. It enables patients to relax better, to cope with stress and anxiety, helps to ease pain, and is a mood-elevator. Having a feeling of well-being during any illness is half the battle.
- By clearing out neural pathways nerve function is improved, providing improvement in functionality and flexibility. This leads to improved cognitive powers, boosts memory, and speeds physical reactions.
- Reflexology can increase metabolism and the energy processes of your body. By improving circulation, oxygen and blood are circulated more effectively, optimizing their function which results in faster healing and re-growth of damaged cells.
- By utilizing Reflexology with pregnancy, labor lengths and post-partum recovery are lessened, and the healing process is quicker.
My last client:
Young woman arrived for her very first ever Foot Detox and Reflexology session at the end of her workday. Her sessions were a gift from her sister. ♥ Upon arrival my client stated she had a bad headache. After treatments client reported that she felt very relaxed and that her headache was completely gone.