Careers – Part-Time RN Life Care Manager
Interested in a Career with Us?
Join our team as a Part-Time RN Life Care Manager:
Rewarding, well paid opportunity. Work with older adults and their families to make a difference!
Holistic Aging holds a 16 year reputation for providing compassionate, superior patient advocacy service to aging client’s in and around the Pittsburgh area, and dedicated itself to creating solutions that promote quality of care and life for older adults. Our small team of care manager professionals, includes primarily Registered Nurses who are problem solvers, advocates, case managers, service coordinators, and counselors. With an established professional network, we have an intimate knowledge of resources and facilities in the community. Our understanding of aging related issues enables our team members to best serve the interest needs of our clients and family members.
As a Life Care Manager on the Holistic Aging team, your responsibilities will include:
- Serve clients in a 60 mile radius of zip code 15101 – majority within 10 miles (paid for travel time + mileage)
- Conduct comprehensive in-home assessments and written reports of findings to provide to clients and/or families
- Develop goal oriented written care plans
- Implement various components of the care plan and update care plan on a regular basis, as appropriate
- Negotiate family dynamics to implement care plan
- Communicate regularly with family members and appropriate professionals
- Cultivate and maintain extensive knowledge of community resources available to older adults
- Collaborate with professionals and advocate for clients’ needs
- Manage the medical needs of the client
- Be the primary coordinator of care services for your client
- PA Licensed Bachelor Degree Registered Nurse
- Experience in care or case management
- Availability most weekdays 9 am – 5 pm and occasional evening/weekend
- Knowledge of local eldercare resources
- Geriatric Experience
- Ability to manipulate and coordinate many issues concurrently.
- Experience working with cognitively impaired individuals and coordinating services for clients
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Proficiency in the IPad, IPad applications, Smart Phone and software for documentation.
- Valid PA driver’s license, car insurance, car capable of transporting an older adult
$35 – $37 per hour depending on Education and Experience . There are no healthcare benefits associated with this position.
Part-time hours ranging from 20 hrs – 25 hours a week depending on caseload. You will start out slow and increase your hours over a 6 month period. Clients assigned to you are your responsibility to manage.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Geriatrics: 1 year
- Case or Care Management: 2 years (Certification preferred)
- Home Care: 1 year
- iPad and Smart Phone usage: 2 years
Required license or certification:
- PA Registered Nurse (RN)